Web hosting options for businesses run the gamut from lower cost shared or cloud server plans to more costly VPS plans and still pricier dedicated servers. Your goal should be to find a web host that offers web hosting plans with the server type and features you need at a price point that fits your budget. Below are three of the best web hosts for small business owners according to expert reviews around the web.
Godaddy is reportedly the biggest domain registrar in the world with over 6,000 employees and 17 million customers. Indeed, their performance metrics–uptime and speed–are stellar. Widely known for their domain and hosting services, GoDaddy aims to be a one-stop shop. In addition to WordPress web hosting, they offer a litany of tools and services.
- Tools to build a website
- A list of over 125 applications that can be instantly added to your new hosting account
- Access to their network of web design professionals to call upon for assistance
- Services such as native email hosting and Office 365 as added value for their customers
HostGator offers shared, cloud, VPS or dedicated server plans with robust customer service and site-building tools for webmasters of all experience levels. Their shared business plan (starts at $5.95 a month) includes:
- Unlimited domains
- Unmetered bandwidth
- Free SEO tools to help you increase your website ranking
- Free SSL, essential for businesses that sell products
DreamHost‘s robust security and domain management features make it one of the best web hosts for small business owners. For instance, they offer shared, cloud, VPS or dedicated server plans. You can get a VPS plan for as little as $13.75 a month. That plan comes with unlimited bandwidth and domains and a custom control panel.